Following the introductory protocol and greetings by Christobal, Stewart presented the report and Audited financials for the quadrennial. He also highlighted some of the successes and challenges faced by the federation during his tenure and the achievements that were attained in promoting the sport and improving our international ranking despite the odds.
After a short intermission, Stewart’s request for the floor was granted to announce his retirement as President of the TTVF with active involvement in the sport “in an effort to promote unity.” Chairman Hoffiz then declared the commencement of the voting process in which candidates were introduced and voting delegated invited to cast their votes.
The newly appointed executive members and their respective position are as follows:
- Mrs. Nicole Selvon – President
- Mr. Vaughn Martin – Delegate Vice President
- Mr. Hans Manwaring – 1st Vice President
- Mr. Deon Hutchinsn – 2nd Vice President
- Ms. Cherese De Silva – General Secretary
- Mrs. Crystal Williams Joefield – Assistant General Secretary
- Ms. Eva Nunez – Treasurer
- Ms. Lorriane David – Assistant Treasurer
- Mr. Leroy Serapio – Public Relations Officer
- Ms, Shushanna Marshall – Board Member
- Mr. Saleem Ali - Board Member
Nicole Selvon, an Attorney-at-law for nine years now practices in both criminal and civil arena.
She was in private practice for four years before taking up a position as Legal Officer at the Ministry of Sport where she gained considerable working knowledge of the internal workings of Sporting Organizations and SPORTT.
Mrs. Selvon is a past pupil of Tunapuna Secondary School and John Donald Technical Institute where she gained a Diploma as a Science Technician and worked with the University of the West Indies for over fifteen (15) years before embarking on her legal career.
A wife and mother of five (5), Mrs. Selvon has extensive experience in sport organization at the Community Level. She is a Dragon Boat enthusiast and is a member of Mike’s Trailblazers Dragon Boat Club.
Mrs. Selvon has been involved in the Sport of Volleyball for the past five years and is passionate about taking the sport to a higher level.