Born 25 September 1950, in Fort de France, Martinique, Clement Marie played soccer, handball and later, became involved in motorsport. In the case of the latter he was president of the Motor Sport Club of Martinique (ASA Tropic) since 2019 until his death.
It is with deepest regrets that the Board of the former Netherlands Antilles Olympic Committee (NOC-AHO) informs you of the passing away of our NOC President on Saturday 20th of June 2020.
Mr. William Walter “Junior” Millerson
“Knight in the order of OranjeNassau” (merit order of the Kingdom of the Netherlands)
Mr. Millerson brought a high level of expertise and love for sports to his country and to the national and international sports community …
- As a high performance athlete in Karate competing in representation of the Netherlands and the Netherlands Antilles, achieving impressive international championship titles on World, European and Pan American levels;
- By training and educating young athletes all over the world to become champions and to represent their country a well in international Karate competitions;
- By demonstrating his leadership qualities and skills as board member of the World and Pan American Karate Federation (honorary president);
- As Vice President of ACODEPA ( Association of Pan American Sports Confederations);
- As President of the Netherlands Antilles Olympic Committee (NOC-AHO);
- As Board member of the Central American and Caribbean Sports Organization(CACSO);
- As President of the Curaçao Sports Federation;
- As President of the Parliament of Curaçao;
- As President of the “Trainer Expertise Development Foundation Curaçao”.
The country has lost a true leader who has served in a prominent public representative position and in numerous national and international multi sport organizations. Curaçao in general and athletes and sport administrators all over the world in particular who benefitted from his Karate guidance and leadership sympathize with his family during this difficult time.
The Executive Board of the former Netherlands Antilles Olympic Committee knows that our president had many friends in the PASO/ODEPA region during his presidency in the period 1997 – 2013. His legacy will continue, and we pray that we are able to find the strength to rise above the extremely sad situation and are thankful for his contribution to both the national and international sports community.
In the picture, William Millerson is on the left, during a visit of Mr. Thomas Bach to Curaçao in 2003.
The Board of the former Netherlands Antilles Olympic Committee
Imro van Wilgen (Secretary General)
Edelmiro Seferina (Treasurer)
Richard Leito (Boardmember)
Hubert Isenia (Boardmember)
Victor Elhage (Boardmember)
Elvin Henriquez (Boardmember)
Remco Tevreden (former NOC-AHO Director)
Tribute to Haiti NOC
29 May, 2019
The entire sports fraternity of Haiti is mourning the loss of Alix Fils Aime, a friend to all.
Over the years he has been a committed Haitian son of the soil who has always been there for sport.
The Haitian NOC and entire sports fraternity will certainly miss our dear friend.
May he rest in peace.